Hand In Hand
"Hand In Hand" Missional Community are a group of people who wish to put into practice the aims, goals and vision of the church mainly through “friendship evangelism” and other basic practical ways to our local community. We not only value friendship but believe that it's a gift from God and it needs to be practiced between ourselves and those outside of the church in the wider community for us to become really fruitful. Showing our love for God, life and for each other in practical ways we hope will demonstrate to the lost, lonely, broken, addicted etc. that there is more to life than simply what the “world” offers. Everybody is somebody and everybody is important to God. His help and encouragement is available to them and us through us. Craig Martin is the "Hand In Hand" group leader and co-ordinator.
The following lists some of the activities you can expect to be involved in should you decide to engage with this group.
- Befriending Service. Meeting with "struggling" people to directly offer friendship or helps through other people / outside agencies who may offer assistance, skills, experience or appropriate advice. As we befriend, our faith is not hidden from people as being the wellspring or mainstay of our lives.
- Discipleship Group (DG). Weekly or fortnightly meetings to study the Bible together, to share our experiences and grow in faith. Usually held evenings in the comfort of someone’s home.
- The Jabez Project. A chance to get your hands dirty! Some people say “you’re never closer to God than when you’re in a garden!” The church is surrounded by grounds (which need tending), we also have a nearby quarter acre allotment for the cultivation of veges, flowers etc. Both places are great venues to learn practical skills, work, socialize / talk to people about life’s issues and demonstrate biblical / gardening principles in every-day life. The hope is that disadvantaged people who have, to some degree, lost their way in life can be given direction, purpose, enthusiasm, drive and pride in what they achieve on our grounds and combined with faith, go on to put these principles back into their broader lives. We also have a “practical helps” service for those who might struggle with some household tasks such as painting and decorating. In all of the above we hope to teach people skills which will help them in life and hopefully, in some cases, into employment.
- Social Events. It’s not all about work, study and church services! Once in a while we like to have fun such as “Going Ape,” going on bike rides, fishing, karaoke evenings and mixing it with other groups both in and outside of church. We’ve not had a group parachute jump yet but …….!
- Much More. Other events such as a weekly day time men’s ministry and support group are presently being developed. Keep watching this space!
Why not join us and have some productive fun?
Contact Craig Martin (0789 729 5291) for more details.